A Culture of Innovation
Entrepreneurial spirit, technical excellence, minimal bureaucracy and limitless opportunity- these are the key characteristics that set Orbital apart. At Orbital you will find a culture in which innovation is encouraged and rewarded, and where you are given the opportunity to work with some of the top professionals in the space industry.
The company is large enough to provide a wide variety of cutting-edge technical programs to work on, while retaining an informal entrepreneurial atmosphere where employees interact with management on a daily basis. It is an autonomous work environment where each individual is provided the opportunity to make significant contributions.
Because Orbital believes that professional and personal success needn't be mutually exclusive, we encourage our employees to strike a balance between work and other aspects of life.
At Orbital, "community" can mean many things. It can be walking in the local Orbital-sponsored March of Dimes walkathon with co-workers, enjoying great food and fun at a company picnic, or just organizing a pick-up game on the basketball court after work. We strive to make Orbital a rewarding and enjoyable place to work, so on any day at our various locations you may find a brown bag lecture, a company blood drive, or representatives from local businesses handing out samples and discount coupons.
There is an flying club, golf and tennis leagues, biking, motorcycle and amateur radio clubs. Some of our locations have full service cafeterias and exercise facilities. You'll find special employee discount programs and services from local merchants negotiated by the company, and a scholarship program for the children of Orbital employees who show academic excellence.
The “Benefits” of Working at Orbital
In addition to the generous and comprehensive benefits package provided by the company, working at Orbital offers other benefits as well:
- Training and development programs
- Encouragement and rewards for innovation in the workplace
- Challenging assignments on projects and programs
- Ability to do varied types of work with wide exposure to different programs/projects
- Interaction with senior management
- Open door policy
- Social networking groups
- Promotional opportunities
- Opportunity to work side-by-side with top professionals in the field
- Opportunity to make significant contributions
- Ability to actually build and “touch” projects
- State-of-the-art facilities, equipment and software
- Autonomous work environment
- Friendly colleagues
Recent Awards and Accolades
- Greater Washington's Healthiest Employers' Award, presented by the Washington Business Journal, 2012
- Ranked 3rd in the "Technological Challenge - "Where A&D Professionals Want to Work" Â in Aviation Week's 16th annual Workforce Study, August 2012
- Wellness Warrior, presented by UnitedHealthcare, 2011. (Award winners are recognized for implementing exemplary wellness programs aimed at improving health risk and prevention among their employee populations.)
- Orbital Chairman, President and CEO David Thompson awarded the Aerospace Historical Society (AHS) International Von Kármán Wings Award, 2011