All interested students should apply directly online.
When do you offer internships?
Internships are offered during the summer months when college students are typically on break.
When should I apply for an Internship?
We strongly encourage students to submit their resumes by February.
Can you explain the Internship application process?
Interns are encouraged to apply by January at the latest for that year’s summer intern period. Generally, offers are extended in March.
What can I expect from an Orbital Internship?
Orbital interns are given “real world,” hands-on work assignments involving cutting edge aerospace technology. Working closely with the ir assigned managers, interns are fully integrated into the Orbital team. In addition to practical experience, Orbital provides interns with access to state-of-the-art equipment, training, and the possibility of future employment. In addition, a full slate of social activities is provided to allow you to meet interns employed throughout the company.
Are internships offered at all Orbital locations?
Internships are available at Orbital’s major locations in Dulles, VA; Chandler, AZ; Greenbelt, MD and Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. Which location you assigned to is dependent on your area of interest and/or geographic preference.
Do Interns Get Paid?
Yes. Orbital provides competitive salaries, travel reimbursement at the beginning and the end of their assignment, and housing assistance.
Intern Social Events
- In addition to gaining valuable job experience, professional development and the satisfaction of embracing real-world challenges, Orbital provides summer interns both social and educational activities.
A sampling of recent summer activities include:
- Lunch with the CEO
- Brown Bag Lunches focusing on the functions of the business groups within Orbital
- Participation in the Orbital Academy (weekly classes conducted by Orbital employees covering various topics related to Orbital’s business)
- Trips to the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar Hazy Center
- Pizza parties
- Attending professional baseball games
- Day at a local water park
Orbital is committed to helping our college graduates adjust to their new working environment and, in many cases, new living environment. We understand that getting your first job is a very big step, however, getting a job isn’t always the only challenge-- finding people you can relate to and socialize with is also important too.
Does Orbital Offer co-ops?
Yes. Student co-ops are offered to students who wish to gain experience during the semester and earn school credits. Close coordination between the student, his or her school and Orbital is required. Students may express their interest in co-op opportunities by submitting their resume online.