Supplier Performance Expectations
- Have a documented and effective quality management system capable of meeting the latest ISO9000 standard (or equivalent).
- Consistently strive to deliver goods to Orbital at a high level of quality.
- Use process controls and stress defect prevention rather than defect detection.
- Maintain records that support complete traceability.
- Document and control all processes.
- Strive for continual improvement in item quality and all facets of operations.
- Participate in Orbital's Certified Supplier Program.
- Monitor all lower-tier suppliers and ensure that requirements are flowed down correctly.
- Implement a Risk Management Program.
- Implement a robust counterfeiting detection program.
- Keep commitments to deliver items on time with the required paperwork.
- Ensure lead-times are consistent with industry best practices.
- Comply with applicable specifications for packaging, labeling, storage, shipping, tracking, and containerization.
- Ensure sufficient management reserve is built into critical schedules.
- Address all new product introductions (Firsts).
Product and Technology Leadership
- Notify Orbital of any specifications that are not a good match for the supplier's processes.
- Use processes, tooling, and manufacturing technologies that are state-of-the-art.
- Provide items that give Orbital products features and quality that lead the industry.
- Standardize on items that satisfy Orbital's requirements.
- Share technology directions and intentions with Orbital.
- Understand and embrace the principles of Lean 5S Manufacturing.
- Establish a qualified baseline (design, processes, and tooling) that shows a clear heritage path.
- Establish rules for any delta qualification/testing for deviations from the baseline.
- Achieve year-over-year productivity improvements that result in lower costs for Orbital and more "wins".
- Intensely competitive and reduced number of satellite/launch awards.
- Support the Orbital SSG Breakthrough Ideas Program.
- Routinely share productivity ideas via monthly/quarterly meetings. Ideas are expected to address the following areas: Supplier-Managed Inventory, Cycle-Time Reduction, Specification and/or Design Changes that could result in higher levels of quality, lower cost, ease of doing business, etc.
- Openly share information on all elements of cost.
- Strive to achieve lowest total life cycle cost through quality.
- Work with lowest tier suppliers, and with Orbital suppliers, to create the lowest total cost for Orbital.
- Conduct all business in an honest and ethical manner, consistent with Orbital's values.
- Protect the confidentiality of Orbital's information.
- Promptly respond to requests for information, technical assistance, and corrective action.
- Use e-commerce. For example, use electronic business data exchange for electronic submittal of data and invoicing.
- Use electronic data transfer to exchange design, engineering, and quality information.
- Maintain a technically competent workforce.
- Promptly notify Orbital when there is a change to nature of goods supplied, source of supply,
manufacturing processes, business operations, or any other conditions which have the potential to impact our product and/or business relationship.
- Notify Orbital of intentions to discontinue supply of an item or service at least one year before a "last- time buy" order will be accepted.
- Notify Orbital of any parts obsolescence issues so we can work together to find a solution.
- Provide simulation models for all electronic components.
- Utilize bar code packaging to facilitate shipping and receiving.
- Support Orbital's efforts to accurately report Conflict Minerals status for the 2014 filing.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Excellence
- Meet, and preferably surpass, all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assure compliance with registrations for use, importation, and exportation of materials, equipment, parts, and components.
- Inform Orbital when specifications or requirements jeopardize compliance with applicable regulations.
- Provide products and packaging that, when disposed of, will not adversely impact the environment.
- Minimize waste by recycling, recovery, or reuse.
- Reduce or eliminate the use of materials that adversely affect the environment.
- Notify Orbital of financial state as required.
- Provide timely updates of financial information.
- Monitor all "single-source" suppliers and ensure backup plans are implemented.
- Make significant effort towards "Get to Green"/"Maintaining Green" scorecards performance.
Growth potential/strategic alliance.
- Support financial fact-finding sessions to ensure financial stability before entering into contract.